3.23.2012

…project life…

I have decided to start a Project Life scrapbook.  I know that the concept has been around for a few years and I have to admit, at first I didn’t quite like the look of the books I had seen.  But… I am loving it now.  I am loving that it is a simplified way of scrapbooking that still allows me to be creative… actually, I think it challenges me to be more creative.  It is a complete oxymoron in the fact that it is a simplified creative challenge.


I am going to do a version that will get me to take a picture every single day for a year (I practically do this already with my iPhone).  I will then do each spread with seven pictures that will tell the story of my week.  I want to start this project in May so that I can record my 33rd year of life.  For some reason, I feel like I am in a place where I will appreciate both the process and the reward of this project.  Even though I am the last of my friends to start a family or even be married, I have a feeling that 33 is going to be a good year.  And even if nothing monumental happens, I will be able to look back on my Project Life and see just how amazing my every day life is.  I think it will teach me to be thankful for everything I do have instead of wondering when I will catch up to everyone else.

So… stay tuned… my Project Life starts in T-minus 6 weeks…

Until then, check out my board on Pinterest.  There are SO many talented people out there recording their lives one week at a time with Project Life.  There are SO many ways you can do this... one I look forward to doing someday will be a baby's first year album.  Goodness knows that when I have a baby I will be taking pictures of that child every single day!  And how amazing would it be to be able to look back on that first year that seems to fly by way too quickly (says the Aunt to 4 girls).

No comments: